How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on LG G2 all variants (VZW, AT&T, TMobile, KT, d802, others) – Guide
As we all know we root our devices to Install Custom ROM or Custom Kernels to get most out of our device, like its performance, battery life etc. But to install a Custom ROM effectively we need to have Custom Recovery install on our device. So, in this guide check out how to install TWRP Custom Recovery on LG G2.
Before proceeding to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on LG G2, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites listed below.
- Make a complete backup of all your data including SMS, Contacts, Files on internal storage etc. Make sure not to use any PC Suite to backup your data as they will not help you in restoring.
- Make sure your device is rooted, if not rooted, then go here and Root your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”. If you can’t see the Developer Option then you have to enable it from “Settings > About”, and tap on Build number until you see pop up saying Developer Options is enabled.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device.
Assuming that you are done with all the above steps, let’s now proceed to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on LG G2 without any delay.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps correctly. Proceed at your own risk!!!
Procedure to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on LG G2 all Variants:
- Download the Custom Recovery Package from here. Make sure your device is compatible.
- Copy and paste the recovery image file, inside the ioroot folder that you have extracted while rooting LG G2.
- Now download Loki Flash firmware from here, by clicking on the Download Zip on the bottom right side of screen.
- From the downloaded Loki zip file copy “Loki_flash” file from bin folder, and paste it in the same folder where recovery image file is copied i.e., in the ioroot folder.
- Now finally rename your recovery image file to just recovery.img.
Now, let’s start flashing tutorial to install TWRP Custom Recovery on LG G2.
- Plug your LG G2 to your PC using original USB data cable, make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Open ioroot folder, and open command prompt here, by just pressing shift and right mouse click anywhere inside ioroot folder, and click on Open Command window here.
- Now in cmd type the following commands, and press enter after each command.
[box type=”note” ]
- adb push loki_flash /data/local/tmp/loki_flash
- adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
- adb shell
- cd /data/local/tmp
- chmod 777 loki_flash ./loki_flashrecovery /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
- exit adb reboot recovery [/box]
- Now it will reboot into TWRP recovery, if you see TWRP recovery then everything went alright!!!
That’s it now you have Installed TWRP Custom Recovery on LG G2, and now you can install custom ROM’s and kernel using this TWRP Custom Recovery on LG G2. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any issues regarding installing TWRP Custom Recovery on LG G2.