Check here how to update Xperia SP C5303 to official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 firmware – Guide
Do you have Sony Xperia SP C5303 and want it to update it to official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 firmware, to enjoy the Jelly Bean on your Smartphone, then for you here is the quick guide. Let me make you sure that this is an official firmware so it will not root your device, but may Unroot your device.
Before proceeding to update your device let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites to avoid bricking of your device while updating.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data including SMS, Contacts etc., make sure not to use any PC Suite to backup your data as it will not help you in restoring your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%, so as to avoid any damage to your device.
Assuming that you are done with the above pre-requisites now let’s proceed to update your Sony Xperia SP C5303 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own risk!!!!
Procedure to update Sony Xperia SP C5303 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 firmware:
- Download and install the Flash Tool for Xperia from here to your PC.
- Download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 Firmware Package from here or here to your PC.
- Now put the firmware ftf files in firmwares folder inside Flashtool installation directory.
- Power off your Sony Xperia SP C5303.
- Open flashtool in your PC as administrator.
- Click on lightining icon at top left.
- Now click on “Flashmode” and select the downloaded firmware from the list.
- Now click on flash button and wait for the pop-up asking to connect your device to PC.
- Now hold Volume Down and connect your device to PC using original USB data cable, hold the Volume Down until the flashing completes.
- Wait for the flashing to be done.
- Don’t turnoff or unplug your device from PC until flashtool pops-up complete message and asks you to disconnect.
- If the flashing is stopped in middle, then do the same steps but don’t leave Volume Down button until flashing is completed.
- After it is done flashing Reboot your device, make a note that first boot may take up to 5-6 minutes, so be patience and wait for it boot.
Note: If at all your device gets into boot loop then you need to reboot your device, to do so press and hold power button until your device powers off, and then power the device. If the problem still persists then you have to follow the above steps again.
That’s it now you have successfully updated your Sony Xperia SP C5303 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 official firmware. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while updating your device.