Xperia Arc/Arc S (LT15i/LT18i) runs on Android 4.0 ICS and is not expected to receive any software updates. If you still own this device and want to keep it updated at least to Jelly Bean firmware, then follow this guide and update Xperia Arc/Arc S (LT15i/LT18i) to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using CM 10.2 Custom ROM.
CM 10.2 is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware and is the modified version of official CM 10.2 ROM for Xperia Arc and Xperia Arc S. This ROM comes bundled up with some extra apps from Android 4.4 Kitkat to enhance the user experience. It is tweaked and is expected to run smoothly on Xperia Arc/Arc S (LT15i/LT18i).
Before we proceed to update Xperia Arc/Arc S (LT15i/LT18i) to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre requisites, to prepare Xperia Arc/Arc S (LT15i/LT18i) for the installation process and also to avoid it from bricking.
How to Update Xperia Arc/Arc S (LT15i/LT18i) to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using CM 10.2 ROM
1. Download and transfer the custom ROM you wish to flash to your device’s storage.
2. Boot your device into TWRP recovery using appropriate hardware keys.
3. Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of screen.
4. Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the custom ROMs .zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
5. After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
6. Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
7. Once cache & dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.