How to update Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware using Cyanogen Mod 11 – Complete Guide.
Do you have Nexus 5 and want to install Cyanogen Mod 11 on it which is based on the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS, then you can now install Cyanogen Mod 11 on your device. As we all know that Cyanogen Mod is more stable and operable in terms of usage, that is the reason there are more no. Of Cyanogen Mod ROM fans out there.
Before proceeding to Installing the custom ROM on your device you should follow the below Pre-Requisites.
- Make a backup of your complete data to a safe location, as we are going to install custom Rom which will erase all the data on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device by heading over to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device while installing Custom Rom.
- Make sure your device is Rooted as we are going to install Custom Rom, which requires Rooted device. If not Rooted, root your device using appropriate method.
Assuming that you are done with the above Pre-Requisites, now let’s continue to Installing custom ROM on your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable / responsible for any damage occurred to your device while installing Custom Rom. Proceed at your own risk.
Procedure to Install Cyanogen Mod 11 on Nexus 5:
- Download the Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS Package of Cyanogen Mod 11 and Google Apps package to your PC.
- After downloading, place these two files in your device’s SD card. Make sure to copy on the Root of the SD card i.e., not inside any folder.
- Enter into Recovery Mod in your device using ROM Manager app. Alternatively you can also enter into Recovery Mod with the help of Command prompt.
- In recovery mode, Clear the Cache and Wipe the data by using the appropriate options. Now scroll down and select “install zip from sd card” and then choose Cyanogen Mod 11 Zip package which you have downloaded earlier and Install it.
- Now again select “Install zip from sd card” and scroll down and choose Google Apps Package file and install it.
- Now Go back and select “Reboot System now” and let your device reboot.
Note: If your device gets into boot loop then you need to turn off your device and then reapply update from start. To turnoff your device long press the power button.
Now you have successfully installed Cyanogen Mod 11 with Android 4.4.2 builds in it on your device. If you have issues then do let us know in the comment section.