Xperia Tipo ST21i/ST21a runs on Android 4.04 ICS out of the box and since then it haven’t received any major Android update. These devices haven’t yet received Android JB update and Kitkat is far them to reach. So in order to keep this device’s updated we must take the help of Custom ROM’s. Earlier we have posted a guide on how to update Xperia Tipo ST21i/ST21a to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat using Carbon KK ROM and now in this guide we are going to update Xperia Tipo ST21i/ST21a to android 4.4.2 Kitkat using CM 11 Custom ROM.
CM 11 Custom ROM’s are well known ROM’s and they are developed by CyanogenMod developers. CysnogenMod ROMs enhance the performance of the devices and make them more user-friendly and they are built on Stock Android firmware with no bloatware. They packs many features and provides us with more free RAM and battery life. so if you are looking for how to update Xperia Tipo ST21i/ST21a to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat then installing this ROM can help you.
Before we proceed to Update Xperia Tipo ST21i/ST21a to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat we must follow some set of instructions called pre requisites, to prepare Xperia Tipo ST21i/ST21a for the installation process and also to avoid it from bricking during installation process.
Check here for Pre-requsities
Procedure to Update Xperia Tipo ST21i/ST21a to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat using CM 11 ROM:
1. Download CM 11 Android 4.4.2 ROM Package from here to your PC.
3. Now copy the full ROM.zip file and Google Apps Package to the Root of your device’s SD card. Power off your device.
4. Enter into Fastboot mode. To do so connect the USB cable to PC and hold Volume Up in your device and connect it to PC. Now the LED will turn blue.
5. Open Command Prompt inside Fastboot folder in PC. To do so open Fastboot folder in PC and press and hold Shift Key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder in the empty space. Now from the list click on open command window here.
6. Now in CMD type: fastboot flash boot boot.img and press enter. It will flash boot.img on your device.
7. Now type: fastboot reboot and press enter. Now when your device is booting up, press power button or volume up/down to enter into recovery mode.
8. Now in recovery mode, select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the CM 11 ROM package which you have copied on your device’s SD card and install it. Again follow the above step, but this time choose Google Apps Package and install it.
9. Once done, go back and select “reboot system now”, this will boot your device into normal mode. Once the device boots up you are ready to experience the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on your Xperia Tipo ST21i/ST21a device.