Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 can now be updated to android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and the update is rolled out to the device via OTA (Over-The-Air), so you should be easily able to update your device. If not then this guide is definitely for you, as in this guide we are going to manually update Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXDNG2 firmware.
- Model: GT-N5100
- Model name: GALAXY Note 8.0
- Country: Russia
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 2131707
- Build date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 07:13:10 +0000
- Product Code: SER
- PDA: N5100XXDNG2
- CSC: N5100OXEDNG1
- MODEM: N5100XXDNE2
- The battery percentage in your Galaxy Note 8.0 Android phone should be more than 60%.
- Make sure USB debugging option is enabled. If not enable by heading to path Settings > About > Developer Options.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S4 USB Drivers
- Don’t forget to take backup of your entire device data (SMS, Contacts, app data, call log, video, images, etc.)
How to update Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 to Android 4.4.2 XXDNG2 firmware
Step 1: Download the Android 4.4.2 Firmware update and Odin package to your computer from the below download section.
Step 2: Once downloaded, you need to extract the same and open Odin in your computer. Once connected, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow / Green depending upon the Odin version. If you don’t see ID: COM section turn some other color, then you need to install the drivers.
Step 3: Now turn off your device and enter into download mode by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume down buttons together
Step 4: Now take standard USB cable and connect the Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 to the computer. Then click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package.
Step 5: After selecting the tar file, just tap on “Start” option to begin the firmware update process. This process takes 3-4 minutes to complete and then the device will reboot.
Step 6: After successful reboot, check the firmware details by heading to Settings > About Phone.