Samsung has rolled out the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware for Galaxy S3 Neo I9300I today with XXUBNH3 Build Number, the update is currently rolled out in Kazakhstan and will be soon rolled out to other Asian countries. By releasing this update Samsung has made all the Galaxy S5 and other users surprised as they are yet to receive the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update. The changelog the update carries is same which includes the bug and security fixes and goodies of Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware.
If you own Galaxy S3 Neo I9300I and can’t wait until the update rolls out to your region, then you can follow this guide and manually update Galaxy S3 Neo I9300I to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware. Though the update listed here is for Kazakhstan, it can be flashed on any device.
Android 4.4.4 XXUBNH3 Firmware details:
- Model: GT-I9300I
- Model name: GALAXY S III
- Country: Kazakhstan
- Version: Android 4.4.4
- Changelist: 2299480
- Build date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:05:43 +0000
- Product Code: SKZ
- PDA: I9300IXXUBNH3
- CSC: I9300IOXEBNH3
- MODEM: I9300IXXUBNH3
- Make sure your device is Galaxy S3 Neo with model no I9300I. Check in Settings > About Phone.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location or on your PC.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on PC from here.
- Make sure all the Samsung PC Suits like Kies are killed on your PC, while using Odin.
How to update Galaxy S3 Neo I9300I to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat XXUBNH3 Firmware:
2. Extract the zip file and open Odin.
3. Turn off your smartphone.
4. Boot your device in Download Mode. To do so, press Home + Power + Volume down button simultaneously.
5. Once in Download mode connect your phone to PC and wait till the ID:COM section turn blue/yellow in the Odin.
6. Now select the files that you have downloaded.
Click on ‘PDA’ and select file named ‘CODE’
Click on ‘Phone’ and select file named ‘MODEM’(Ignore if not such file found)
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file named CSC’(Ignore if not found)
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. (Ignore if not found)
7. Make sure to Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset in Odin.Enable “Re-Partition” option only if you are using .PIT file.
9. Click on “AP” / “PDA” and select the firmware file.
10. Click on “Start” and wait till the process ends, it will take around 4-5 minutes to complete.