Galaxy S5 G900H is updated to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and the update is rolled out via OTA with XXU1ANG3 Build Number. If you are having trouble or facing issues updating Galaxy S5 G900H to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware then go here and manually update Galaxy S5 G900H to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXU1ANG3 firmware.
Once you have updated Galaxy S5 G900H with this firmware you might have lost root access on your device, this means your device is un-rooted. So you have to Root Galaxy S5 G900H again to gain Root access.
The below tutorial is compatible with only Galaxy S5 with model number G900H. All the contacts, messages, pictures, other important files should be backup for an easy restoration purposes. Download Samsung USB Drivers and USB debugging option should be enabled on your device. The level of device charge should be maintain to 80% or above.
Disclaimer: Gadgets Academy and Samsung is not responsible for any damage occurs to your smartphone. Follow the below guide at your own risk.
How to Root Galaxy S5 G900H on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXU1ANG3 Firmware:
2. Power off your mobile.
3. Enter into Download mode (press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together)
4. Launch ODIN on your PC. Take a USB cable and connect the device with PC. (make sure USB drivers are installed).
5. If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
6. . Next you need to choose the file which has to be flashed on your smartphone.
7. Click on PDA and select the file CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip.
8. Make sure you have checked the options “Auto Reboot” and F.Reset Time on ODIN software.
9. Tap on Start button on ODIN to start the flashing process.
10. Once done, you device will boot into recovery mode. Now you need to flash the root package from here.
11. Once completed you will be on homescreen on your smartphone. Disconnect the device from PC.