Root and Install CWM on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 – Complete Guide.
So you got a Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos and want to Root it to gain control over system files in your device, and to tweak your device to improve its performance, then you can find a nice guide on how to root your device posted here. If you want to know what rooting is then you can find here.
Before proceeding to rooting we want you to make sure with the following steps:
- Make a backup of your device including SMS, contacts, Files in your internal storage etc., to avoid any loss of data.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your device.
- Make sure your Smartphone is charged to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device.
After making sure about the above points you can now proceed to rooting. Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 can be rooted in two steps
i) Installing CWM.
ii) Installing Root Package.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage occurred to your device. proceed at your own Risk. Keep in Mind Rooting voids warranty.
Procedure to install CWM on Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082:
Download and appropriate USB drivers for your device by Googling.
Turnoff your device and Enter in to Download Mode by pressing Volume Down, Home and Power button at the same time until you see warning Message. Now press Volume Up to enter into Download Mode.
Connect your phone to pc using USB data cable.
Now will see that your device is listed in Odin software, and the color of ID:COM box changes.
Click on PDA and select philz_touch_5.15.0-i9082.tar.md5 which we downloaded earlier.
Make sure, only F.reset time and Auto Reboot are checked.
Hit start and wait until your see Success Message in Odin software and your device will Reboot.
Now disconnect your device from PC. You have successfully installed CWM in your device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082:
- Download Root Package, UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip from here.
- Copy the file we downloaded to your device’s SD Card not inside any folder, Just in SD Card.
- Power off your device and enter into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power Button at the same time until you see Galaxy Grand LOGO.
- Now in recovery mode select install Zip from sd card and select Update-SuperSU-v1.65.zip and confirm its installation.
- After successfully installing the zip file go back and select reboot system now.
- After successful reboot you will see SuperSU app in applications menu.
- Now your device is successfully Rooted.
- To check whether your device is successfully rooted or not, download Root Checker app from Play Store and check root privileges using it.
That’s it now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 and verified its root access.
If you have any doubts regarding this topic, you can post it in comment section.