Sony has rolled out the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update for Xperia Z Ultra C6833 and the update is available via OTA, so you can update your device via PC Companion (Windows) or Sony Bridge (Mac). If you were unable to update Xperia Z Ultra C6833 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat via OTA then you can manually update Xperia Z Ultra C6833 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat 14.4.A.0.108 firmware by flashing the official FTF firmware file. So let’s proceed and manually update Xperia Z Ultra C6833 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware.
- Model: C6833 (International LTE)
- Region: Malaysia
- Android Version: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Model Name: Xperia Z Ultra
- Firmware Version: 14.4.A.0.108
- Branding: Customized MY
- Build: R3C
- Customization Number: 1275-9426
- The device which is to be updated should have model number C6833. Check in Settings > About Phone.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can restore the data, in case of data loss.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from shutting down in between the update process, if it happens it may brick your device.
- Enable USB Debugging from settings.
- Download and install USB drivers suitable for your device from here.
- Setup Flashtool drivers on your PC
- Backup TA partition.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Xperia Z Ultra Android Smartphone. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Update Xperia Z Ultra C6833 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat 14.4.A.0.108 firmware:
Step 1: Make sure you have installed and setup Flashtool on your PC. If not. Follow here.
Step 2: Download the appropriate firmware file for your device from the below links:
Step 3: Copy the downloaded firmware file and paste in Flashtool > Firmwares folder.
Step 4: Run flashtool.exe as administrator.
Step 5: Now hit the small lightening button at the top left corner and select Flashmode.
Step 6: Select the FTF firmware file, which you have copied earlier to the Firmwares folder.
Step 7: Now from the right side, select options to wipe Data, Cache and apps log. It is recommended to choose all the wipes.
Step 8: Now click on OK, this will start preparing the firmware files for flashing.
Step 9: Once the firmware files are loaded, a popup appears, asking you to connect your device to PC.
Step 10: Now power off Xperia Z Ultra C6833 and connect it to PC by pressing and holding the Volume Down key. Now make sure not to release Volume Down key, until the whole flashing process is completed.
Step 11: As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, Flashtool will start flashing the firmware files to your device.
Step 12: Once the flashing is done, release the Volume Down key and unplug your device and reboot.