Yesterday Samsung started rolling out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware update for Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500H Android smartphone. If users still doesn’t received the OTA update, then here we shared simple tutorial to manually flash official firmware on Galaxy E5. Samsung has only released the update for Indian and Russian countries with model number SM-E500H.
The following steps guides to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS on Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500H Android phone.
- Do check your device model number before proceeding to the flashing guide. It is only for Galaxy E5 India and Russia versions with model number Sm-E500H.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on PC.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer options. If you unable to find the developer option, go to Settings > About Phone and tap the build number for 7 times. Now head back to developer option and enable the USB Debugging.
- If any custom ROM is installed, do perform a factory reset before installing the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
- Always make sure the device is well charged-up to complete the flashing process.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500H to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop E500HXXU1BOG6 firmware:
Step 2: Now extract the downloaded file and obtain E500HXXU1BOG6 tar.md5 file.
Step 3: Download Odin3 v3.10.6 zip and extract the files.
Step 4: Power off your galaxy E5 handset.
Step 5: Now enter into Download mode. Check here for detailed guide on how to enter download mode and flash the update on your handset.
Step 6: After successful installing the latest update, reboot your device into normal mode.
Step 7: Enjoy!
I hope the above guide helped for manually flashing the Android 5.1.1 OS on your Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone. Always use the below comment field for more tech help. Stay connected as we will soon bring rooting tutorial for Galaxy E5 based on Lollipop 5.1.1 OS.