The Xperia L is one of those device which has not been included in the list of Sony mobiles to get Android Marshmallow update. The Android 6.0 is a major update from Google and many OEM consider only latest and top devices for the upgrade. But thanks to developers, we have unofficial CM13 ROM for Xperia L based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
After flashing Android 6.0 rom on Xperia L, users can enjoy Marshmallow exclusive features like Doze Mode, advanced app permissions, memory management, Now On Tap in Google Now and more.
Before starting the update process, do checkout the below prerequisites and then we will directly take you to the step by step procedure on how to update Xperia L to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CM13 rom.
- The update process works only with Sony Xperia L codenamed Taoshan.
- Backup all the important data on your device as the process undergoes factory reset.
- Create backup of your current rom.
- Make sure TWRP custom is installed on your device.
- Charging level should be more than 70% to complete the flashing process without any power-off.
Update Sony Xperia L to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CM13 ROM
1. Download Marshmallow rom and Gapps package from the below provided links.
2. Copy the downloaded files to device SD storage.
3. Power off Xperia L and boot into TWRP recovery mode.
4. Now you need to clear dalvik cache, data, system and cache.
5. Once done, go back to recovery main menu, tap on ‘Install’ and locate the ROM file and swipe to start the flashing process.
6. Now repeat the same above step to flash Gapps on your device.
7. When installed, reboot the device into normal mode and start enjoying Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS.