HTC started rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to One M8 Google Play Edition smartphone. The update is being rolled out via OTA and is about 450MB in size. Many One M8 Google Play Edition users already received the OTA update but there are people who still waiting to receive the latest update. You can check manually for updates by following the path Settings > About Phone > System update. If the system doesn’t show any updates, then here we shared tutorial to flash the same ROM 5.07.1700.6 MRA85K.H6 on your HTC One M8 Google Play Edition device. For that you need to follow all the below steps one after another.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update brings some new features like Google Now on tap, better app permissions, fingerprint support, USB Type-C, Doze for better battery performance, and many more. So, without much waiting do checkout Pre-OTA preparations first and later we will take you to detailed steps on flashing Marshmallow ROM on HTC One M8 Google Play Edition smartphone.
- The below process is only for HTC One M8 Google Play Edition device. Don’t install on any other HTC device, it might results in bricking of your smartphone.
- Backup all the important data and save it in some safe place.
- To avoid power-off during the update process, charge your device to minimum of 65%.
Manually Update HTC One M8 Google Play Edition to Android 6.0 Marshmallow 5.07.1700.6 MRA85K.H6:
1. Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA file to your PC.
2. Now transfer the same file to the internal storage of HTC One M8 using a standard USB cable. Always remember the location of the file.
3. You need to boot your device into recovery mode. To do so, power off your device completely, press & hold Volume Down button and then press Power to switch on the phone. Don’t release the Voume Down key until you’re on the Bootloader Mode. Next you need to select Recovery from Bootloader menu using the Power key.
4. Select option “apply from phone storage” from recovery menu and choose the file which you have copied to internal storage in Step 2.
5. Wait a while till Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM is successfully flashed on your One M8 Google Play Edition smartphone. Once done, reboot your device into normal mode and start using the features of Google latest operating system.
Just in case finding difficulty in flashing the ROM, do leave a comment below. If already installed the ROM, do share your thoughts about the new features and changes.
Do share with your friends via Facebook or Twitter as they might find the above tutorial useful.