Earlier we have posted a method to update Nexus 7 2012 to Android 5.0 Lollipop, so if you haven’t updated your device to Android 5.0 Lollipop then just go here and manually update your Nexus 7 2012 to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Once you have updated if you want to Root Nexus 7 2012 on Android 5.0 Lollipop then just follow the guide listed below and successfully Root Nexus 7 2012 on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Once you have rooted rooted Nexus 7 2012, you will be able to install Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernel’s, install custom recoveries etc. So to enjoy the extra benefits of Android and also to have full control over your Nexus 7 2012, root it.
Before we proceed to Root Nexus 7 2012 on Android 5.0 Lollipop, we must prepare it for the rooting process and also to avoid interruption in between the rooting process, indirectly avoiding it from bricking.
- Backup your data, just to be on safe side, if the data is lost we can restore it.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%.
- Install USB Drivers suitable for your device.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers.
[box type=”download” ]
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Nexus 7 2012. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to install CWM / TWRP Recovery on Nexus 7 2012 on Android 5.0 Lollipop:
- Download either the CWM or TWRP Recovery package according to your needs.
- Copy the SuperSU.zip to your device’s SD card.
- Make sure you have setup the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Copy the CWM or TWRP Recovery image file to Fastboot folder. Make sure the file is in .img format.
- Power off Nexus 7 2012.
- Enter into Fastboot / Bootloader mode, by pressing Volume Down and power buttons at the same time until you see some text on screen.
- Connect it to PC.
- Open Fastboot folder and press and hold shift key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space at the empty space. Now from the list choose open command window here.
- Now in CMD type: fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-grouper.img and hit enter. Make sure to replace the bold text with the file name of your recovery image.
- This will flash the Recovery image on your Nexus 7 2012.
- Once done its time to Root Nexus 7 2012. To do so follow the below steps.
How to Root Nexus 7 2012 on Android 5.0 Lollipop:
Power off Nexus 7 2012.
Enter into Bootloader or Fastboot mode as shown above.
Choose Recovery in Fastboot Mode.
From Recovery choose install zip from SD card.
Choose the SuperSu.zip which you have copied earlier and install it.
Once done reboot your device.
Once it boots up check Root Permissions using Root Checker App.