YU, Micromax sister company starting rolling out Cyanogen OS 12.1 update to YUREKA and YUREKA PLUS Android smartphones. The update is being pushed via OTA and carries the OS version 12.1-YOG4PAS3JM based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The update was under testing stage for several months before the stable firmware update.
Rahul Sharma, Co-founder and CEO of YU mobiles apologizes for the delay and adds that they wanted to bring the OS much stable without any bugs, issues and ensure it’s worth the wait. They also confirmed that the upcoming YU YUTOPIA will unveiled running on Cyanogen OS 12.1 out-of-the-box.
YU Yureka and Yureka Plus Cyanogen OS 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update- New Features, Changelog:
- Redesigned Launcher: App Drawer and Folders have been redesigned for one-handed use.
- Smarter Screen: LiveDisplay intelligently adjusts your screen based on environmental conditions.
- Calendar Together with Email: Enjoy the latest Boxer powered experience where you can seamlessly share your availability and schedule appointments.
- Fresh AudioFX: The user interface has been updated for consistency across all devices.
- More Playback support: Substantially increased support of codecs for video and audio playback.
The Cyanogen OS 12.1 update is about 312.4 MB in size. So, always take the help of high-speed internet (WiFi) instead of mobile-data as the file size is really bigger. As the update is being rolled out in phases, it might take couple of weeks to hit all the Yureka and Yureka Plus devices. For users can’t wait for OTA update, they can manually flash ROM from recovery by downloading the OTA zip from here.
YU YUPHORIA Cyanogen OS 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update- When?
YU confirmed that it is currently working on brining the Cyanogen OS 12.1 update to YUPHORIA Android smartphone. We can expect the update in the next coming months.