Upgrade your LG G2 Android phone to the next generation Cyanogen Mod 11 Android Firmware which is quite similar to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. LG G2 doesn’t yet have the Android 4.4.2 Official update. But till then you can upgrade this Firmware manually. So check below the quick pre requisites and follow the instructions carefully to apply this update to your LG G2 Android phone.
Note: This update is custom ROM update not the official update by LG.
1. All the data present in your LG G2 device are to be backup so that it can be restored manually. Below steps guides you for backup of data.
SMS- Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts- Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log- Call Log and Restore
APN and MMS Setting- Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Points Names”,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files- Copy to internal/ External SD card
2. Make sure that the USB Debugging Mode is enabled. To enable go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging in your LG G2. Also make sure that the charging in your device is more than 60% so that it doesn’t power off in the middle of the update.
Disclaimer: Gadgets Academy is not responsible for any damage occurred to your LG G2 device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully.
How to Update LG G2 with KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
2. Now, make your device in the recovery mode by pressing power + volume down button together.
3. Next step is to select “Clear Data” and “Wipe Cache” so that all the data Cache present in the device will be deleted.
4. Select the option of “install zip from SD card”. Select the KitKat 4.4.2 firmware file and then the Google Apps Package which you have copied the files to SD card.
5. The installation of both the Zip files takes nearly 4-5 minutes. Once done, select “go back” > “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting the device normally. Doesn’t panic, sometime the device take more than 5 minutes for rebooting.
Note: If you’re LG G2 gets in the boot loop sequence then turn off the device and again apply the firmware update.
Now you have updated your LG G2 Android phone to latest KitKat 4.4.2 firmware. Any queries regarding the update, lets us know by leaving a comment below.