In this How to TUT checkout how to Update Xperia P LT22i to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat using SlimKat Custom ROM – how To
If you want to update your Xperia P LT22i to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware, then you can make use of Custom ROM’s. As Sony is not yet releasing the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware for Xperia P LT22i, let’s give a try to this ROM and update Xperia P LT22i to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware. The Custom ROM we are going to use in this guide is SlimKat ROM and is based on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware.
Before proceeding to update Xperia P LT22i to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware, let’s have a look at some of the pre requisites to follow to prepare your Xperia P LT22i for the update process and also to avoid it from bricking.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location, so that we can restore the data whenever our data is lost.
- Charge your device to at least 75%. It is highly recommended, as if your device gets off in between the update process it may brick your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Backup TA partition. How? Follow here.
- Unlock Bootloader on your device from here.
- Download and install USB Drivers for your device on PC from here.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here.
- Root your device. Link.
Assuming that you are done with all the above requisites, let’s now proceed to update Xperia P LT22i to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using SlimKat ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Xperia P LT22i. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
Procedure to Update Xperia P LT22i to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using SlimKat Custom ROM:
- Download the SlimKat Custom ROM package [Mirror] and Google Apps package to your PC.
- Extract the boot.img from the ROM package and copy it in Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy the whole ROM Package in zip format to your device’s internal SD card. Make sure to copy it at the root of your SD card.
- Also copy Google Apps Package to the device’s internal SD card.
- Power off Xperia P LT22i.
- Now connect your device to PC while holding the Volume Up button. To do so firstly connect the USB Cable to the PC, now hold down the Volume Up key and connect it to other side of the cable. Now the colour of LED turns Blue.
- Now open CMD inside Fastboot folder. To do so Open the Fastboot folder and press and hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere at the empty space inside the Fastboot folder. Now from the Options select Open command window here.
- Now in CMD type: fastboot flash boot boot.img and press enter.
- It will flash the boot.img to your device and might take some time.
- Now in CMD type: fastboot rebootand press enter.
- Now when your device is booting up, press power button or Volume Up/Down to enter into recovery mode.
- Now in recovery select “Install zip from SD card” and install the ROM package as well as Google Apps package respectively.
- Now in recovery select actions to wipe cache, dalvik cache and data and perform the operations.
- Once done select “reboot system now”, this will boot your device in normal mode.
- That’s all now your Xperia P LT22i is successfully updated to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware.
Now you have done with all the steps and your device is successfully updated to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware. Do let us know in the comment section if your face any issues while trying to update Xperia P LT22i to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware.