As the Samsung is not going to release Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update for AT&T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket not now or anytime soon, till then you can try Custom ROM’s to update your device. So if you own AT&T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket and want to update it to latest Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware then follow this guide and install BeanStalk Custom ROM.
BeanStalk Custom ROM is based on CM 11 and Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and comes with lot more added features like fully customizable navigation bar, do not disturb option, quick settings like tiles and many more. Check the full list of features below:
Once you have checked the features of this ROM you can proceed to update AT&T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. But before you proceed to update AT&T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat using BeanStalk Custom ROM, you have to follow some set of instructions called Pre Requisites, to prepare AT&T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket for the update process and also to avoid it from bricking.
- Backup all of your important data on your device to a safe location, as we are going to install the Custom ROM which will erase all of your data.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Backup EFS partition of your device from here.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on your PC from here.
- Root your device from here and install the Custom Recovery.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your AT&T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
Procedure to update AT&T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat using BeanStalk ROM:
2. Copy both the packages to the root of your device’s SD card.
3. Power off AT&T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket.
4. Enter into Recovery Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously, once you see Samsung logo leave the power button, but don’t leave the Volume up and Down buttons, once you see the Android Bot leave them.
5. Once you are in Recovery Mode, wipe all the data and cache, if possible wipe dalvik cache.
6. Now select install zip from SD card and select the ROM package and install it.
7. Now follow the same step again, but this time choose the Google Apps Package and install it.
8. Once you have installed both the packages, again wipe cache, data and dalvik cache.
9. Now choose reboot system now options and reboot your device in normal mode. Once the device boots up, you are ready to experience Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on AT&T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket.