Want to Root Xperia ZR C5503, C5502, and then you can now, that too with locked bootloader. Yeah, you heard it right, now you can root Xperia ZR C5503, C5502 with locked bootloader. So if you own Xperia ZR C5503 or C5502, then follow the below procedure. Before you proceed, if you want you can have a look at advantages and disadvantages of Rooting in Android here.
- Take backup of contacts, documents, sms, app data, etc before starting the below procedure.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- The charging level on your handset should be maintained to 70% or more to complete the entire rooting process.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device from here.
- Make sure to enable Unknown Sources option on your Xperia phone.
How to Root Xperia ZR C5503, C5502 with locked Bootloader:
1. Download the Towelroot apk file from here.
2. Download the SuperSU.zip file from here and extract it to obtain Superuser.apk. Now copy both Towelroot and Superuser.apk files to your device’s SD card.
3. Open the File Manager on your device, let’s assume it as ES File Explorer and navigate to copied files and install the Towelroot.apk file.
4. Once installed, open it from app drawer and click on make it ra1n. Reboot your device.
5. Now install Superuser.apk on your device.
6. Open it from app drawer, if asked to update SU binaries, update them. Check Root Permissions on Xperia ZR C5503, C5502 using Root Checker App.