Google has rolled out the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware for Nexus devices and the update is rolled out via OTA, so you might receive the update anytime soon. If you don’t want to wait till the update arrives you via OTA, then you can manually update Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013 and Nexus 10 to Android 5.0 Lollipop using Factory images. Once you have updated your device, you might think to root it, so we have brought this guide on how to Root Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013 and Nexus 10 on Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware.
Once rooted you will be able to remove Bloatwares, install Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernel’s, install and use apps that require Root access etc. So you will be having full control over your Android device. So let’s proceed and Root Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013 and Nexus 10 to gain extra benefits.
- Backup all of your important data to a safe locations.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Install USB Drivers on your PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader.
Nexus 7 2013:
How to Install CWM / TWRP Recovery and Root Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013 and Nexus 10 on Android 5.0 Lollipop:
1. Download the files according to your device model from the above links. Copy the Rooting Package to your device’s SD card.
2. Make sure you have setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
3. Copy the Recovery image file to the Fastboot folder, make sure it is in .img format.
4. Open the Fastboot folder and press and hold Shift key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and from the list select open command window here. Power off your device.
5. Enter into Bootloader / Fastboot mode and connect your device to PC.
6. Now in CMD type: fastboot flash recovery image-file-name.img (This will flash recovery image on your device)
7. Once done disconnect from PC, but don’t reboot yet.
8. Now from the Fastboot Mode, select Recovery. You will be booted into CWM or TWRP Recovery according to what you have installed earlier.
9. Now in the Recovery Mode, select Install Zip from SD card and choose the Rooting Package and install it.
10. Once installed reboot your device.