Check here how to Root LG G2 [Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile/AT&T] on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware – Guide
As we know LG G2 is a superb device for many reasons and if you want to make it even more superb by rooting it then you can now by following the below method. If you are not aware of what rooting in Android is then go here and have some information regarding it. If you are already aware of what rooting is then you can proceed.
Before proceeding to Root LG G2 let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data including SMS, Contacts etc., make sure not to use any PC suite to backup your data as it will not help you in restoring your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options. You can enable it from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”. If you don’t find Developers Options then you can enable it from the path “Settings > About” and here you have to tap on Build Number for about 7-8 times and you will see Developers Options enabled pop up.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%, so as to avoid any damage to your device.
- Make a note that this method works with only LG G2 variants listed below:
- Korean LG G2 F320k with F320K20a KitKat
- Korean G2 (SKT) F320S with F320S20a ROM
- AT&T G2 D800 with ROM version D80010o
- T-Mobile G2 D801 with ROM version D80110G
- Sprint G2 LS980 with LS980ZV8 OTA
- Verizon G2 VS980 with VS98011A and VS98012B OTA
- All G2 variants with older ROM version
Assuming that you are done with the above pre-requisites now let’s proceed to Root LG G2.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own risk!!!!
Procedure to Root LG G2 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware:
- Download and extract the iRoot Package from here or from XDA.
- Download and install LG USB drivers from Google.
- Connect your LG G2 with PC.
- Now choose the file according to your operating system i.e., run root.bat file if your operating system is windows, and run root.sh file if you use mac or linux OS. If you use windows then make sure to run it as administrator.
- Now a CMD window will pop up asking you to press any key to start rooting your device. Just press enter to Root LG G2.
- This will push all the required Super SU binaries to LG G2 and installs Super SU on your device.
- If your want to check whether your device is successfully rooted or not then you can check using Root Check app, download it from Play Store.
That’s it now you have successfully Root LG G2 using the above method. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while Rooting LG G2.