In this guide checkout how to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 on Android 4.4 Kitkat XXUFNAD Test Firmware
So do you have Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 and want to root it to get most out of your device, then you can now by following the below guide. First of all make sure your device is running on Android 4.4 XXUFNAD Kitkat firmware, if your device is not on this firmware then go here and update your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 4.4 XXUFNAD Kitkat Test Firmware.
Before proceeding to root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505, we have to follow some of the pre-requisites listed below to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data including SMS, Call logs, Contacts etc., so to avoid any loss of data while rooting.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options menu.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, so as to avoid any damage to your device.
Assuming that you are done with all the above Pre-Requisites, let’s now proceed to root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 on Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. Proceed at your risk!!!
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 on Android 4.4 Kitkat XXUFNAD Firmware:
- Download and extract Rooting Package and Odin to your PC.
- Open Odin on your PC.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 and enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Down + Home + Power button” simultaneously until you see warning message on your screen, Press Volume Up.
- Download and Install suitable USB drivers for your device on to your PC.
- If Samsung Kies or any other PC Suite is running in background, then close them.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 to PC using original Samsung USB Data cable, while the device is still in Download Mode.
- Now you will see that your device is listed in Odin under ID:COM.
- Now click on PDA and select CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5 , which we got after extracting the rooting package.
- Make sure Auto reboot option is checked in Odin.
- Click on Start to start rooting your device, after the process is successfully completed, a PASS message is displayed in Odin.
- Your device will reboot automatically, wait for it to boot successfully. Keep in mind that the first boot may take up to 5-6 minutes, so please be patience.
Note: If at all your device gets into boot loop then you need to remove device’s battery and re-insert it and then power the device. If the problem still persists then you have to follow the above steps again.
That’s it now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 on Official Android 4.4 Kitkat XXUFNAD firmware. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any issues while rooting your device. Don’t forget to subscribe to our Email News Letter for more stuff like this.