Samsung has already updated Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware. If you are still on the lower version of the Android then you can upgrade Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 via OTA. So if you have already updated your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware then you might have lost Root Access on your device. So here we brought a tutorial on How to Root Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310.
Before proceeding to Root Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre requisites to follow, to prepare Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 for the Rooting Process and also to avoid it from any mishap.
- Make sure your device model is Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310. Check in Settings > About.
- Backup all of the data on your device to a safe location. So that we can restore it when we encounter a data loss.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from turning off in between the rooting process, if happened this may brick your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Backup your mobiles EFS data from here.
- Download and Install USB Drivers suitable for your device from here.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware:
- Download the Odin software from here to your PC. Download the Rooting Package from here to your PC and extract it to a folder to about a file with .md5 extension. Open Odin in PC as administrator.
- Power off Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310. Enter into Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some warning text on screen. Now either press Volume Up or Power button as shown in the warning text to enter into Download Mode.
- Once you are in download mode, connect your device to PC using OEM Data cable. Now in Odin ID:COM box will turn blue and also an “Added” message will appear in Odin, indicating that the device is successfully connected. Now click on PDA or AP and select the file with .md5 extension from the Rooting Package extraction folder.
- Make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are only checked in Odin and remaining all are un-checked.
- Now click on Start, this will flash the rooting package on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310. Once done your device will reboot automatically. Once the device boots up look for SuperSU app in the app drawer. If you want to make sure that your device is successfully rooted or not, then make use of Root Checker App.