Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 can now be updated to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware, if you haven’t updated your device and go here and update your device. Once updated you will notice that your device is un-rooted, so to regain the Root access on your device you have to Root it again, for that follow this guide and Root Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXDNG2 firmware.
Once you have rooted your device you will be able to do many things on your device, like having paid apps for free, Install Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernel’s etc., and there are many advantages of rooting. If you are willing to have a look at what are the advantages and disadvantages of Rooting then go here. Once done you can proceed to Root Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy Note 8.0 with model number N5100. Check in Settings > About.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data including SMS, Call logs, Contacts etc., so as to avoid any data loss.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer options.
- Charge your device to at least 75% or more.
- Download and install USB Drivers on your PC.
How to Root Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 on Android 4.4.2 XXDNG2 firmware:
1. Download and install Odin software on your PC.
2. Also download Rooting package to your PC and extract it to a folder. Power off Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100.
3. Enter into Download mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button until you see some warning text on screen, now press Volume Up to enter into Download mode. Run Odin in PC as administrator. Connect your device to PC using OEM data cable. Now you should see that your device is connected to PC, as it shows in Odin under ID:COM box and also shows “Added” message in Odin.
4. Now click on ‘PDA’ or ‘AP’ and select the Rooting Package (CF-Auto-Root-kona3g-kona3gxx-gtn5100.tar.md5).
5. Now make sure in Odin only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked and remaining all options are un-checked. Now hit Start buttons and wait for the installation to finish. Once done your device will reboot automatically.