Galaxy Win also known as Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro is launched by Samsung in April 2013 and it features a 4.7 inch TFT capacitive display with 480 x 800 pixels resolution. It is powered by 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Cortex-A5 processor coupled with 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage and runs on Android 4.12 Jelly Bean OS.
As the device still runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, most of you might be looking forward flash Custom ROM’s to update your device to the latest firmware and to flash the Custom ROM, you must install the Custom Recovery and Root Galaxy Win I8552. So for you we have brought a combo guide on how to install Philz Advanced CWM Recovery and Root Galaxy Win I8552.
- First of all make a backup of all of your data stored on your device to a safe location, so that you can restore the data if any data loss has encountered.
- Make sure your device has at least 75% battery juice.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on your PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
- Kill all the PC Suits like Kies, so that they won’t interfere with Odin.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Galaxy Win I8552. So understand the risk involved in installing Custom Recovery and Rooting your device.
How to Install Philz Advanced CWM Recovery on Galaxy Win I8552:
1. Download the Philz Advanced CWM Recovery package from here to your PC.
2. Download the Odin software from here to your PC.
3. Power off Galaxy Win I8552.
4. Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some warning text on screen. Now press Volume Up as shown in the warning text to enter into Download Mode.
5. Run Odin in PC as administrator.
6. Connect your device to PC using OEM cable, while the device is still in Download Mode.
7. Wait for the Odin to detect your device.
8. Once the device is detected, Tap on AP or PDA and choose the Philz Advanced CWM Recovery package which is in .tar.md5 format.
9. Make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are only checked and remaining all the other options are unchecked.
10. Once you are done, hit the Start button and wait for the Odin to flash the Philz Advanced CWM Recovery on Galaxy Win I8552.
How to Root Galaxy Win I8552:
- Download the Rooting Package from here.
- Transfer it to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Power off Galaxy Win I8552.
- Enter into Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on screen.
- In Recovery Mode select Install Zip from SD Card > Choose the Zip from SD card > choose the rooting package > Yes / Confirm.
- Once done, Go Back and select reboot system now.
- Once the device reboots, check for Root Permissions using Root Checker App.