How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 and all variants – Complete Guide.
In this Guide I will list the steps to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S3 device and also list some steps to root your device too. So if you want to root your device and want to know what rooting is then go here and get an idea about rooting in Android.
If you don’t know what TWRP recovery is then read this paragraph. TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery with extra features and functionality. It is used to flash zip files, create a Nandroid backup of your device, Wipe data and clear the cache, install custom rom’s etc., on your device. As we know stock recovery has only 3 options i.e., install zip from sd card, wipe data and other is wipe cache. So there comes a need for Custom Revcovery. So install TWRP recovery and take advantage of it.
Before proceeding to install TWRP recovery let’s have a quick look at some of the Pre- Requisites.
- Make a complete backup of your device to avoid any data loss.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your Galaxy S3.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device in Developer Options, by following appropriate options.
Assuming that you have followed all the above listed steps let’s continue to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S3.
Disclaimer:We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device. Proceed a your own Risk.
Procedure to install TWRP Recovery in Galaxy S3:
- Download the Samsung USB drivers for your device and install it on your PC.
- Download the TWRP recovery file for your device from the below links, carefully choose the file for your device.
[box type=”download” align=”aligncenter” ]
- TWRP 220.127.116.11 for Galaxy s3 GT- I9300 International.
- TWRP 18.104.22.168 for Galaxy s3 GT- I9305 LTE.
- TWRP 22.214.171.124 for Galaxy s3 GT- I9305T Telus
- TWRP 126.96.36.199 for Galaxy s3 SCH-I535 Verizon
- TWRP 188.8.131.52 for Galaxy s3 SGH-I747 AT&T
- TWRP 184.108.40.206 for Galaxy s3 SCH-R530 US Cellular
- TWRP 220.127.116.11 for Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 T-Mobile
- TWRP 18.104.22.168 for Galaxy s3 SPH-L710 Sprint
- TWRP 22.214.171.124 for Galaxy S3 Metro PCS
- TWRP 126.96.36.199 for Galaxy s3 SCH-R530 Cricket
- TWRP 188.8.131.52 for Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M Canada[/box].
- Download Odin to your PC from here and Open it.
- Power off your device and enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Down, Home and Power Button” at the same time.
- Now connect your device to PC using original Samsung data Cable.
- Now in odin you will see that your device is listed.
- Click on PDA and select the downloaded Recovery.tar file and click on start button.
- Now the Recovery file is being flashed to your device. Wait until you see pass message.
- Now your device will reboot and let it reboot successfully.
- After reboot disconnect your device and power off your device and enter into Recovery Mode, by pressing “Volume UP, Home and power Button” at the same time.
- Now you will see that TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your Galaxy S3.
Root Galaxy S3:
Now if you want to Root your device then follow the below steps.
- Download the Root Package for your Galaxy S3 from here, and place it on your device.
- Power off your device and enter into Recovery Mode.
- Now in TWRP Recovery, select “Install” and choose the Root Package and install it.
- Reboot your device. Now you have successfully rooted your Galaxy S3, you check it using Root Checker App from Play Store.
That’s all now you have installed TWRP Recovery and rooted your Galaxy S3. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any doubts.