Earlier we have shared a guide on how to Root Moto X 2014 on Android 5.0 Lollipop and in this tutorial we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on Moto X 2014 Android Smartphone. After you have installed TWRP Recovery on Moto X 2014 you will be able to install Custom ROMs, Custom Kernels, flash zip mods, and create Nandroid Backup etc.
So installing TWRP Recovery on Moto X 2014 will open doors to Custom firmware’s and mods for your device. So without any further delay let’s follow the pre requisites and then proceed to install TWRP Recovery on Moto X 2014.
- Backup your important data.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Unlock Bootloader on Moto X 2014.
- Download and install suitable USB drivers for Moto X 2014 on PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
Once you are done with all the above listed requisites, you can proceed to install TWRP Recovery on Moto X 2014.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Moto X 2014. So understand he risk involved and proceed at your own risk.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Moto X 2014:
- Download the TWRP Recovery package from the above link.
- Copy it to Fastboot folder. Make sure TWRP Recovery is in .img format.
- Power off Moto X 2014.
- Enter into Bootloader Mode, by pressing and holding Volume up + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously until you see some text on screen.
- Connect Moto X 2014 to PC using OEM cable.
- Open Fastboot folder on PC and press and hold shift key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and choose open command window here from the list of options.
- Now a command prompt will open.
- In CMD type: fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-184.108.40.206-victara.img and press enter.
- Once it is installed, choose Recovery from Fastboot menu using Volume Keys and enter Recovery Mode using power button.