How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery and Root HTC One M8 with simple and easy steps – check more here
HTC M8 is the recently launched Android Smartphone by HTC and in spite of its recent release its rooting method is already available. So if you are one who bought this Smartphone and want to root it to have access to root files, or to do some experiments on your device then you can follow the procedure below to Root HTC One M8.
Before proceeding to root, let me tell you rooting voids warranty and if you want to know more about what Rooting in Android is then go here and checkout. If you already know what rooting does then you can proceed to root HTC One M8. So first of all let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites, to avoid bricking of your device while rooting.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data on your device, to avoid any data loss. Though rooting won’t erase data, it is always to be good to be on the safe side.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options, by following appropriate procedure.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, it is highly recommended, and is to avoid bricking of your device.
- Unlock the bootloader of your device. How? Check here.
Assuming that you are done with all the above pre-requisites let’s now proceed to Install TWRP Recovery and root HTC One M8.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps effectively. So you are the one who is held responsible for any damage to your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Procedure to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on HTC One M8:
- Setup Fastboot and Adb drivers on your PC. HOW? Check here.
- Download the TWRP image from here and rename it to recovery.img. [Mirror]
- Copy the downloaded TWRP image file to Fastboot folder.
- Go to Phone settings and disable Fastboot in Power Options.
- Power off HTC One M8.
- Now enter into HBOOT mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button until you see some text on the screen.
- Select Fastboot from the menu.
- Connect HTC One M8 to PC using original USB Data Cable.
- Now open CMD in Fastboot folder. To do so navigate to Fastboot folder in your PC and hold Shift key and right click anywhere on the open space in the folder, now select open command window here.
- Now type the following commands:
[box type=”info” ]
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Your device will now reboot. After it boots up disconnect from PC.
- That’s it now you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on HTC One M8.
Procedure to Root HTC One M8:
- Download the Rooting Package from here to your PC. [Other Package]
- Copy the Super SU.zip file to root of your SD card. Make a note not to copy inside any folder just copy at the root of your SD card.
- Power off HTC One M8.
- Enter into HBOOT Mode, by pressing Volume Down + Power Button until you see some text on the screen.
- Select Recovery from the menu.
- Tap on Install and select Super SU file and complete the installation.
- Once done, go back and select Reboot the Device.
- That’s it now you have successfully rooted HTC One M8.
After you are done with both the above procedures you will have HTC One M8 with TWRP Custom Recovery and Root access. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to root HTC One M8.