HTC has announced the HTC Desire 816 at the MWC 2014 event. It is the Smartphone which was categorised in the mid range of Android devices with some beautiful specs and features. Want to know more about this Smartphone then go here and checkout its specs and features. If you have this device and want t install Custom Recovery on it so that you can root it and experiment with it by installing Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernel’s etc. then you can follow this guide and successfully install CWM Recovery on HTC Desire 816.
Before proceeding to Install CWM Recovery on HTC Desire 816, let’s follow some of the pre requisites that must be considered to prepare your device for the installation process and also to avoid it from bricking or any damage, while installing CWM Recovery.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location. Though installing CWM Recovery won’t erase any of the user’s data, it is always recommended to create backup before making any changes to the system.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from turning off in between the installation process.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. Check in Setitngs > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Install USB Drivers for your device on PC from here.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here or here.
- unlock Bootloader on HTC Desire 816. How? Follow here.
Once you are done with all the above listed requisites, let’s now proceed further to Install CWM Recovery on HTC Desire 816.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your HTC Desire 816. So understand the risk involved and proceed further.
How to Install CWM Recovery on HTC Desire 816:
1. Download the CWM Recovery package from here to your PC.
2. Once downloaded rename it to recovery.img.
3. Transfer the downloaded recovery.img file to the Fastboot folder.
4. Power off HTC Desire 816 completely.
5. Now press Volume Down and Power buttons together for some time until you see Fastboot Mode.
6. Connect your device to PC using original USB Data Cable.
7. Now open CMD in Fastboot folder. To do so open Fastboot Folder and press and hold Shift key and Right Click anywhere inside the folder in the empty space. Now select Open command window here.
8. Now in CMD Type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and press enter.
9. This will flash CWM Recover on HTC Desire 816.
10. Once done Type: fastboot reboot this will reboot your device into normal mode.
11. That’s all now you have CWM Recovery installed on HTC Desire 816.
To boot into Recovery Mode, Power off your device completely and enter into Fastboot Mode. In the Fastboot Mode highlight Recovery using Volume keys and select it using Power button. Now you will be booted into CWM Recovery.