Want to install the CWM / TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102, so that you can root your device and also can install Custom Recoveries, Custom Kernel’s, Flash Mod zip flies to make changes to your current system etc. then you can follow the below procedure and Install CWM / TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Grand 2. Once you have installed CWM / TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Grand 2 you can also nandroid backup your system, so that it can be restored if you have soft broken your device.
Before proceeding to install CWM / TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre requisites to follow to prepare your device for the Installation process and also to avoid it from any damage that may cause during the installation process.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location, to avoid any data loss while installing the CWM / TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Grand 2.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from getting off in between the installation process.
- Download and Install the USB Drivers for your device on PC from here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy Grand 2. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
Procedure to Install CWM / TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102:
1. Download the desired Custom Recovery Package.
2. Download the Odin software from here to your PC.
3. Run Odin on your PC as administrator.
4. Power off Galaxy Grand 2.
5. Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see some warning text on screen. Now press Volume Up to enter into Download mode.
6. Now connect your device to PC using the original data cable.
7. Now in Odin the ID:COM box will turn blue and an “Added” message will appear on Odin.
8. Once connected click on PDA or AP and select the Custom Recovery package which you have downloaded and it should be in .tar format.
9. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked in Odin and remaining all boxes are unchecked.
10. Once done with the above steps, click on Start, this will flash the Custom Recovery on Galaxy Grand 2.
11. Once done your device will reboot automatically.
12. That’s all now you have done with the installation.
Power off your device and enter into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see some text on screen. Now you will see that you are in CWM or TWRP Recovery.