Sony Mobiles has started rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Xperia Z5 users all over the world (except the carrier based devices). The update is pushed via OTA and brings the build number 32.1.A.1.163. It is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and compatible only with Z5 model number E6653. So, if you own Xperia Z5 then be ready as the latest update will be soon popping-up on your device notifications tray.
You can manually update your Xperia Z5 to Marshmallow 6.0 by flashing FTF firmware package. It’s all possible by just following the below listed step-by-step procedure.
How to Update Xperia Z5 Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware 32.1.A.1.163
1. Download Xperia Z5 Marshmallow FTF firmware and flashtool from the above download section.
2. Now extract the Flashtool file on your PC. From many files and folder, two folder which we will be using are ‘drivers’ and ‘firmwares’ folders.
3. Locate the file ‘ggsetup-126.96.36.199.exe’ under the ‘drivers’ folder and double the same to install proper drivers on your computer.
4. Now you need to copy the downloaded FTF firmware package to ‘firmwares’ folders.
5. Then double click the “X10FlashTool.exe” file.
6. Once the software opens, locate “Flash” button and tap on it. Now your firmware file will loaded here. Click ‘OK’ to continue.
7. Power off your device. Next you need to hold the ‘Back’ key on your Xperia Z5 and connect it to PC using a standard USB cable.
8. Once the device connects with PC, the Flashtool starts flashing Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
9. Wait for a while till the flashing process is completed. Once done, disconnect the device from PC and reboot into system mode.
Note: The first boot might take some time. So, be patient and wait!
There are not much changes included in the update that doesn’t mean that you can’t get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow features. The update comes included with Doze mode, better app permission, control & management and better battery capacity.
Already installed Marshmallow on your Xperia Z5, then do share your thoughts below.