Samsung Galaxy J7 J700F/H/M released with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS now can be easily upgraded to Marshmallow with the help of CM13 custom ROM. As of now only Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge Plus are getting Marshmallow treatment while the Galaxy S5, Note 4 and Galaxy J7 are the next list to be upgraded to Android 6.0. If you are one of those Galaxy J7 users who can’t wait for Marshmallow update and wanted to experience the Google latest Android OS right now, then it’s all possible by flashing CM13 ROM through TWRP custom recovery.
The following are the simple steps to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy J7 J700F/H/M –
- The below update process is compatible with Galaxy J7 J700F/H/M. Don’t try on another Galaxy Model.
- Take complete backup of your current ROM, important data (contacts, app data, videos, SMS, etc.)
- Make sure TWRP custom recovery is installed on your device.
- Charge your handset to atleast 70% or above.
Disclaimer: Flashing of Custom ROM and installing TWRP recovery may void your company warranty. You may also brick your handset if doesn’t followed the steps properly. Proceed at your own risk.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy J7 J700F/H/M:
1. Download CM13 custom ROM and Google Apps package from the above download section.
2. Take USB cable and connect the device with PC. Now transfer the files to device storage and remember the location of it.
3. Disconnect the device from PC and boot into TWRP recovery.
4. Now you need to perform factory reset. To do so, select Wipe > advanced wipe and choose all the following partitions: cache, data, system and cache and then Swipe at the bottom to confirm.
5. Then go back to TWRP homescreen and tap on Install. Here locate the ROM zip file from device storage and then swipe at the bottom to start the flashing process.
6. Similarly you need to flash Gapps package on your device.
7. When done with flashing, restart the device into normal mode by choosing reboot option.
8. Congo! You have just installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on your Samsung Galaxy J7 Android smartphone.