Xiaomi started rolling MIUI 6 update to all Redmi 1S (HM 1SW) smartphones. The update is via OTA and will start to hit the devices starting from today. The update might takes couple of days to reach all the Redmi 1S devices.
If users can’t wait for the OTA update and wanted to experience all new MIUI 6 features, then here we shared simple procedure which helps to install the latest firmware update right from the recovery settings.
This guide is only for Xiaomi Redmi 1S users, don’t try to install on any other model. Do charge your handset up to 80% or more for avoiding unnecessary interruptions due to battery drain.
MIUI 6 V220.127.116.11.KHCMICF Official Firmware:
How to manually update Xiaomi Redmi 1S (HM ISW) to official MIUI 6 V18.104.22.168.KHCMICF Firmware:
1. Download the latest firmware from the above link and rename the package file to “update.zip” on your PC.
2. Next connected your Redmi device to PC and copy the above renamed downloaded fie to root folder of internal storage. Make sure not to copy anywhere else.
3. Power off your handset and enter into recovery mode. Press and hold both the hardware buttons- Volume+ and Power button to enter into recovery settings.
4. Now from recovery main menu, select ‘Install update.zip to System One’ and confirm.
5. The update will start installing on your device. Wait for a while till the latest firmware is successfully installed.
6. Again go back to main menu and select ‘Reboot to System One’ to reboot your device into normal mode.
You can confirm the software version by going to Settings > About Phone > MIUI version. There you will find version as ‘MIUI V22.214.171.124.KHCMICF’.
Any difficulties while the update, do leave a comment below. Do share with your friends as they might also find this guide useful.