Sony has not yet rolled out Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Xperia E device. Xperia E C1504 and Xperia E C1505 came out of the box with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and they have not yet received any major updates, this disappoints the users of Xperia E C1504 and Xperia E C1505 devices. So in this guide we have brought a CM 11 Custom ROM by which you can update Xperia E C1504 and Xperia E C1505 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
How to Update Xperia E C1504, C1505 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat using CM 11 ROM:
First of all, make sure that you have unlocked bootloader of Xperia E. If not, then do not proceed!
After unlocking bootloader, follow these steps-
1. Download and put the ROM zip anywhere on your PC
2. Now extract boot.img from it and put it in Fastboot folder or Minimal ADB and fastboot Installer folder
3. Now copy full ROM zip (boot.img must be inside zip) to phone’s SD Card
4. Also copy Gapps zip to phone’s internal memory
5. Now turn off your smartphone
6. Connect USB Cable with your PC only
7. Now hold Volume Up on your phone and plug in USB cable in smartphone
8. It will turn LED blue
- [If using ADB & Fastboot Tools] Inside fastboot folder, hold Shift on keyboard and right click mouse
- [If using ADB & Fastboot Tools] Click on Open Command Window
- [If using ADB & Fastboot Tools] In the command window, type fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter
- [If using ADB & Fastboot Tools] Now type fastboot reboot and press Enter
- [If using Minimal ADB & Fastboot] Type fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter
- [If using Minimal ADB & Fastboot] Type fastboot reboot and press Enter
9. Now when your device is booting up, press power button or volume up/down to enter recovery mode
10. Now navigate to Install Zip from SD Card and install ROM zip and then Gapps zip the same way
11. Go to main menu and wipe cache partition, dalvik cache and factory reset device
12. Now just reboot your device.