The Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update starts rolling out to all the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphones users on US Cellular. The update is being rolled out both through OTA (over-the-Air) and Samsung KIES. The device was launched running on Android 5.0.2 OS and now the update brings new features and bug fixes for all Galaxy S6 phones.
The update has given the firmware version G920R4TYU2BOF7, but the official changelog has not been posted by the company. If you still doesn’t received the Android 5.1.1 OTA update, then follow the below simple steps to manually flash the latest firmware.
First check the below pre requisites needed for the update procedure and then head directly to the update process-
This update guide is only for US Celluar Galaxy S6 with model number SM-G920R4. Don’t install the firmware on any other models.
Download Samsung USB Drivers and also enable USB Debugging from settings.
The battery life on your Samsung device should be 70% or above.
How to flash official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G920R4TYU2BOF7 Firmware for US Cellular Galaxy S6 SM-G920R4:
1. Download the Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G920R4TYU2BOF7 Firmware file and extract its content on your PC. Here you will find G920R4TYU2BOF7 file with tar.md5 extension.
2. Next download Odin3 v3.10.6 and extract its contents. Find Odin exe and launch on your PC.
3. Boot your Galaxy S6 into Download Mode and connect it to your PC with USB Cable.
4. From Odin software, click on the ‘AP’ option and browse the G920R4TYU2BOF7 tar.md5 file and click on START to begin the installation process.
5. After successful installation, the device boots into Normal mode.
That’s the simple procedure to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Official G920R4TYU2BOF7 firmware on US Cellar Samsung Galaxy S6. Any issues while flashing the firmware, do leave a comment below.