Rooting an Android device gives us the ability to have a control over our device. But to root an Android device we must have Custom Recovery installed on it. Custom Recoveries not only allows us to Root Android but they also provides us great features like Flashing Mod zips, ROM’s, Kernel’s, Backup current Android System or ROM etc. so in this guide we are going to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 LTE I9305. The version of TWRP Recovery we are going to install is 184.108.40.206.
Before we proceed to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 LTE I9305, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre requisites to follow, to prepare Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 for the installation process and also to avoid it from accidental damage or bricking.
- Make sure your device model is Galaxy S3 LTE I9305. Check in Settings > About.
- Backup all of the data on your device to a safe location. So that we can restore it when we encounter a data loss.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from turning off in between the rooting process, if happened this may brick your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Backup your mobiles EFS data from here.
- Download and Install USB Drivers suitable for your device from here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy S3 LTE I9305. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
Procedure to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 LTE I9305:
2.Power off and Enter into Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some warning text on screen. Now either press Volume Up or Power button as shown in the warning text to enter into Download Mode.
3. Once you are in download mode, connect your device to PC using OEM Data cable. Now in Odin ID:COM box will turn blue and also an “Added” message will appear in Odin, indicating that the device is successfully connected.
4. Now click on PDA or AP and select the file TWRP Recovery package. Make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are only checked in Odin and remaining all are un-checked in Odin.
5. Now click on Start, this will flash the TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 LTE I9305.
6. Power off Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 and enter into Recovery Mode. To do so Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on screen. Now you should be in TWRP Recovery.