Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos can now be updated with latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware, all this is made possible by the custom ROM developers. As the Samsung is delaying the Android 4.4 Kitkat update for their flagships, there are so many alternatives came out to update your device to latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware, out of them one is using custom ROMS. Custom ROM’s are out there for several years and are giving their best to tweak your device and provide you with latest Android updates and features etc. So if you want to update your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 to latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware then you can use this guide to update your device.
Before proceeding to update your device let’s have a quick look at some of the measures to follow before installing this update.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, as we are going to install the Custom ROM which will erase all of your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- Charge your device to at least 75% before proceeding to update your device. This is highly recommended to avoid bricking your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos.
- Make sure your device is rooted, as we are going to install custom ROM which requires rooted device. If you haven’t rooted your device then you can root your device by searching n Google.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware:
- Download the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware package and Google apps package to your computer. Once downloaded connect your Phone to PC and copy both the packages to your device’s SD card. Make sure not to copy inside any folder, just copy on the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos from PC.
- Now power off your device and enter into Recovery Mode by Pressing “Volume Up + Home + Power button” simultaneously until you see Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Logo.
- Now in Recovery Mode, select options to clear all your data and wipe cache and perform the operations.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and select the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware package which you have download and copied on your SD card.
- Now again select “Install zip from SD card ” and select the Google Apps Package which you have downloaded earlier and install the same.
- Now go back and select “reboot system now” and let your device reboot. Make a note that sometimes the first boot may take up to 5-6 minutes, so please be patience let your device boot successfully.
- Now after the device boots up head over to “Settings > About Phone > Android version” you will be surprised to see that it is Android 4.4.2.