Sony Mobiles has started rolling out Android 4.4.4 KitKat update to Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 tablets. The update has been given the build number v23.0.1.A.0.167 which comes with certain new features and change logs. The Firmware update comes with PS4 Remote Play features to the Xperia Z2 and Z2 tablets. This feature was released officially by Sony last week on Google Play Store to support PS4 Remote Play capabilities on the Sony Xperia Z3 series. Apart from PS4 Remote Play, it also adds Hi-Res audio playback and several new other features.
Check below listed new features which were brought along with the Firmware update.
Features in Android 4.4.4 (v23.0.1.A.0.167) for the Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablet
- PS4 Remote Play support for Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet with full DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller compatibility
- Support for built-in (via 3.5mm audio jack) Hi-Res Audio playback from both PCM and DSD files, in addition to the USB Hi-Res playback.
- WALKMAN app gets Sony’s DSEE HX technology, enhancing the sound of MP3, AAC or Music Unlimited tunes
- Support for Xperia Camera apps; Sound Photo, AR fun, Multi camera and Face in.
- Ultra STAMINA Mode (upgraded version of Stamina Mode)
In addition to the above features, the update also adds Faster Quick Settings with Smart screen rotation, Record Screen option, support for Bluetooth unlock with SmartBand, SmartBand Talk and Smartwatch 3 and more. The Android 4.4.4 update has been rolling out globally to all Xperia Z2 and Z2 tablet users.
If you have the above device and has received the update, then don’t forget to share your views regarding the Android 4.4.4 update. Any queries about the update, lets us know by leaving a comment below.