In this guide check out how to SIM unlock Sprint LG G Flex LS995 and Sprint LG G2 LS980 with simple and easy steps
If you have Network Locked LG G Flex LS995 or LG G2 LS980 and you want to shift to other service provider or try a different SIM then you can’t with the Network locked device, but it is possible when you unlock it. Though SIM Unlocking a device costs huge money, I’m posting a method to SIM unlock Sprint LG G Flex LS995 and Sprint LG G2 LS980. See below to know how to SIM Unlock Sprint LG G Flex LS995 and Sprint LG G2 LS980.
Before proceeding to SIM Unlock Sprint LG G Flex LS995 or Sprint LG G2 LS980, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of your device, as the process we are going to perform may delete your data.
- Your device must be running on stock firmware.
- Make sure your device is rooted, if not rooted then root your LG G Flex from here and root your LG G2 from here.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, so as to avoid bricking of your device.
Assuming that you are done with all the above requisites, let’s now proceed to SIM Unlock Sprint LG G Flex LS995 and Sprint LG G2 LS980.
Disclaimer: We the members of Gadgets Academy should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device. Proceed at your own risk!!!
Procedure to SIM Unlock Sprint LG G Flex LS995 and Sprint LG G2 LS980:
- Download and install LG USB Drivers on your PC.
- Now download SIM Unlock Tool from here or here.
- Install Root Browser on your device from Google Play Store.
- Connect your device to PC using original data cable.
- Extract the downloaded SIM Unlock.zip and open the folder and run the TC shortcut.
- When the program opens, click on Network > ADB > Your device.
- Copy the Property folder and apns-conf.xml to your device.
- Open Root Browser on your device and copy the Property folder to /carrier/ on your device.
- Set the permissions of this copied folder to rw-r-r.
- Now copy the apns-conf.xml file to /etc/.
- Delete file telephony.db from /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases. Make sure to create a backup of this file before deleting.
- Now Reboot your device and try to use a different SIM to see the results.
Note: After unlocking Sprint LG G Flex or Sprint LG G2, you might not be able to use some SIM Cards from US operators.
That’s it now you have successfully SIM Unlock Sprint LG G Flex LS995 and Sprint LG G2 LS980. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any issues while doing the same and we will try our best to help you out with the valuable solution.