Samsung has already rolled out the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware for the Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 device, this update is rolled out via OTA. If you haven’t updated your Verizon Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware then you can update it via OTA. After updating their Verizon Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat many of the users might have lost the root access, so they have to root their device again to avail all the root privileges on their Verizon Galaxy S4. If you are one such user then you can follow this guide on How to Root Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and root your device.
Before proceeding to Root Verizon Galaxy S4 I545, let’s have a look at some of the pre requisites to follow, to prepare your device for the rooting process or to avoid it from bricking.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location, though rooting wont erase any of the data; it is always good to have backup.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device and is highly recommended.
- Enable Unknown SourcesOption on your device from the path “Settings > Security > Unknown sources”.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Verizon Galaxy S4. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Root Verizon Galaxy S4 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware:
2. Extract the SuperSU.zip and search for SuperSU.apk.
3. Now copy both Towelroot.apk and SuperSU.apk files to your device’s SD card.
4. Now navigate to the copied apk files using the file manger and install the Towelroot.apk.
5. Now Open the Towelroot app from the app drawer.
6. Tap on “make it ra1n”, your device will reboot automatically.
7. Once rebooted navigate to the copied SuperSU.apk file using File Manager and install the same.
8. Now open the SuperSU app from the app drawer.
9. If necessary update the Su Binaries and reboot your device.
10. After reboot your device is successfully rooted.
11. If you want to confirm whether your device is successfully rooted or not, then you can take help of Root Checker app.
That’s all now you have successfully learnt how to Root Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to Root Verizon Galaxy S4.