As we know that Stock ROM’s are not as good as they supposes to be, but in some cases we again want to have the stock ROM back. Suppose you have installed a Custom ROM which is in beta state and have found many bugs in that ROM or let’s say you have soft-bricked your device, then the need of Stock ROM comes in action. So for LG G2 owners here is the guide to restore it to Stock firmware.
List of supported devices:
- LG G2 D802
- LG G2 D805 (Brazil, Mexico, Panama)
- AT&T G2 D800
- T-Mobile G2 D801
- Sprint G2 LS980
- Verizon G2 VS980
- Korean LG G2 F320K
- Korean LG G2 F320L
- Korean G2 (SKT) F320S
Before proceeding to restore LG G2, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites listed below.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data including SMS, Call logs, Contacts etc., to avoid data loss.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options menu.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, so as to avoid any damage to your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own Risk!!!
How to Restore LG G2 to Stock firmware
Download the appropriate firmware package for your device from the below links.
LG G2 D802 32GB V20D (Germany Open) KitKat Firmware
LG G2 D802 32GB V20B (India) KitKat Firmware
LG G2 D802 16GB V20B (India) KitKat Firmware
LG G2 D802 32GB V20B (Italy Open) KitKat Firmware
Canadian LG G2 Firmwares:
LG G2 D803 V20H (Telus) KitKat Firmware
Korean LG G2 Firmwares: Click to Download [Mirror Link]
1. Download and install LG Support tool. Make sure LG USB Drivers is installed on your PC. Download LG Flash Tool.
2. Power off LG G2. Now enter into Download Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up key and plugging it to PC using original USB Data cable.
3. Open the LG Flash Tool on your PC i.e., Double Click UpTestEX.exe. Now in flash tool under Select Type select 3GQCT and change the Phone Mode to DIAG.
4. Click on select kdz file and select .kdz file from the extracted firmware package.
5. Now click on Normal web upgrade test.
6. A popup window will open showing all your phone information.
7. Click Upgrade Start button.
8. After sometime another window pops-up asking you Language and country.
9. As country select Republic of Korea and in Language select English.
10. When the flashing is done your device will reboot automatically. And don’t forget to do a factory reset. HOW? Press and hold Volume Down + Power Buttons until you see some text, now follow on screen instructions.