OnePlus One is the Android Smartphone with all the high end specs, and the company which manufactured it has set its price lower than other manufactures like Samsung, LG etc., which makes this mobile so popular. So if you are one who own this device and want to install TWRP Recovery, which is a custom Recovery on your device, then you can follow the below guide.
Before proceeding to install the TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One, let’s have a look at some of the pre-requisites, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data; though installing Custom Recovery won’t erase data, it is always good to have a backup.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options. It is located under Settings.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, so as to avoid bricking of your device. It is highly recommended.
- While connecting to PC use only OEM data cable.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the instructions properly. So proceed at your own risk.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One Android Smartphone:
1. Setup Fastboot and ADB drivers on your PC. Follow the Guide Here.
2. Download TWRP Recovery .img file from Here to your PC.
3. Rename the downloaded .img file to boot.img.
4. Now place the boot.img file inside the Fastboot folder.
5. Now open the Fastboot folder and in the empty space in Fastboot Folder, Press Shift Key and then Right Click, now you will find Open command window here option, click on it.
6. Now a command window will open.
7. Connect your OnePlus One to PC using OEM USB cable.
8. Now type the following commands.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery boot.img
9. That’s it now you are done with installing TWRP Recovery on your device.
Do let us know in the comment section if you have any issues while Installing TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One. Also don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus etc., and also let them know how to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One.