If you are looking to Root Xperia Z2 SGP51x Wi-Fi Tablet, so that you can have full control over your device and can do many thing then you are at right place, as we are going to install CWM Recovery and Root Xperia Z2 SGP51x Wi-Fi Tablet. Before we proceed to install CWM Recovery and Root Xperia Z2 SGP51x Wi-Fi Tablet, you can have a look at list of advantages and disadvantages of rooting in Android here.
We must follow some set of instructions called Pre Requisites, to prepare Xperia Z2 SGP51x Wi-Fi Tablet for the installation and rooting process and also to avoid it from bricking.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, just in case if we lose data, we can restore it back.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from shutting down in between the installation process, if happened, it may brick your device.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. Check in Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. If you were unable to locate Developer Options under Settings, then you need to enable it by tapping on Build Number for about 5-10 times.
- Download and install USB drivers
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC
- Unlock Bootloader on your device
- Backup TA partition.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Xperia Z2 SGP51x Wi-Fi Tablet. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Install CWM Recovery and Root Xperia Z2 SGP51x Wi-Fi Tablet:
1. Download CWM Recovery Package from here to your PC.
2. Now extract the downloaded zip file to Fastboot folder.
3. Open Command Prompt inside Fastboot folder in PC. To do so open Fastboot folder in PC and press and hold Shift Key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder in the empty space. Now from the list click on open command window here.
4. Now in CMD type: adb reboot bootloader and press enter.
5. Now in CMD type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and press enter.
6. Now it will flash recovery.img on your device.
7. Now type: fastboot reboot and press enter.
8. Now your device will reboot.
Now as you have installed CWM Recovery on Xperia Z2 SGP51x Wi-Fi Tablet, you can proceed further and Root Xperia Z2 SGP51x Wi-Fi Tablet.
How to Root Xperia Z2 SGP51x Wi-Fi Tablet:
1. Download and copy the SuperSU zip file to the root of your SD card.
2. Connect your device to PC and open CMD in Fastboot folder, as described above in the CWM Recovery installation procedure.
3. Now type: adb reboot recovery and press enter, this will boot Xperia Z2 SGP51x Wi-Fi Tablet into Recovery Mode.
4. Once you are in Recovery Mode, disconnect your device from PC.
5. Now select install zip from SD card and choose the SuperSU.zip file and flash it.
6. Once done, ++++Go Back++++ and select reboot system now, this will boot your device into normal mode.
7. Once the device boots up, look for SuperSU app in app drawer.
8. You can also confirm root access on your device using Root Checker App.