Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL are the Android Smartphones which were launched by Nokia and these Smartphones lack features, as they don’t have Google Play Store installed, instead they have Nokia Store. So if you own any of these device and want to install Google based apps and Google Play Store on Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL, then follow the below procedure.
Before we proceed to Install Google Play Store, we must follow some set of instructions to prepare Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL for the installation process.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location, just to make sure, if any data loss is encountered we can restore it.
- Make sure USB Debugging in enabled on your device.
- Charge your device to at least 80%
- Make sure Unknown Sources option is enabled on your device.
- Make sure your device is Rooted, if not, go here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to install Google Play Store on Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL:
2. Extract and copy these files to a folder on your device’s SD card.
3. Now copy the downloaded apk files to /System/App using file explorer. Change the permissions for these apps to rw-r-r.
4. Reboot your device and install these apk. Now you will see Play Store app in app drawer.
5. Open it and sign with Google Account and download the apps.
Congo! Google Play Store has been installed on your Nokia Phone.
How to install Google Now Launcher, Gmail, Google Maps and other apps:
Download Google Now Launcher, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Text-To-Speech, Quick Search and Google Music from here to your PC. Copy all of them to your device’s SD card and install one after another. Open them from the app drawer.