How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G with Kitkat 4.4 Firmware – Guide.
Those who have Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G can now update to Android Kitkat 4.4 Firmware, but keep in mind this firmware update is not official update. Unfortunately there is no official Kitkat firmware update for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G till now. So if you want to taste Android 4.4 Kitkat then you can continue reading.
Before proceeding to update your device you should follow some of the quick pre-requisites listed below. And make a note that this update is only applicable to Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G but not for I9100 variant.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75% so as to make sure your device won’t end up in the middle of firmware update. This can prevent your device from bricking.
- Enable USB Debugging in your phone by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- Make sure your Phone is rooted or not using an app called Root Checker, download it from Play Store. If it not rooted then Root it, you can find numerous methods on how to root your device by Googling.
- Create a Backup of your device like SMS, Contacts, files on your internal storage etc., to avoid the loss of any data.
After following the above Pre-Requisites you can now follow the below procedure on how to update your device with Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G with Android 4.4 Kitkat Firmware:
- Download the Kitkat 4.4 firmware package from here, and also download Google Apps Package from here to your PC.
- Once the above two files are downloaded, place them on your external sd card. Make sure don’t copy them inside any folder just copy them on the root of your SD card.
- After done with copying disconnect your device from PC and enter into Recovery Mode, by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power Button at the same time.
- Now in Recovery Mode select “Install zip from Sd card” and select the Kitkat 4.4 Firmware package which you downloaded and install it.
- Now again select “install zip from sd card” and select Google Apps Package and install it.
- Now in recovery mode select “reboot system now” and let the device reboot. First reboot may take some time so please wait until it successfully reboots. If it doesn’t reboot even after 8-10 minutes then remove battery and insert it and try to power on.
- Now after device is Powered ON, go to “settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” you will notice that updated firmware version is mentioned.
Now you have successfully updated your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G with Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware. Do let us know in comment section if you have any queries, also let us know how is your experience with this firmware.