How to Root Moto G Android Smartphone on any Firmware – Complete Guide.
Moto G, one the most successful device launched by the Motorola mobiles can now be rooted. Now you can root your device by following the below easy and simple steps. If you want to know what rooting means then go here and get an idea about rooting.
Before proceeding to root Moto G make sure to follow some of the pre-requisites listed below.
Note: Unlocking / Rooting the device voids warranty, as it means you will have to boot loader unlock the device.
Quick Pre-Requisites Before proceeding to Root Moto G:
- Make sure to backup all of your data including your SMS, Contacts, Files on your internal storage etc., to avoid any data loss. Don’t use any Motorola PC suite to backup the data as it will not help you to restore the data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options, by following the appropriate procedure.
- Make sure your device is charged to 80%, In order to avoid bricking of your Smartphone while rooting.
Assuming that you have followed the above Pre-Requisites without fail, we will continue to root your device.
Disclaimer:We the members of Gadgets Academy Should not be held responsible / liable for any damage occurred to your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Procedure to Root Moto G:
- Go to Motorola’s Official Website and unlock the bootloader of your Moto G device. Once downloaded, go to MoDaCo’s forum for downloading the latest version of Superboot for your device.
- Extract the files from the zip file to a folder on your desktop and name it as “motoG”. Open CMD as administrator and navigate to folder “motoG” which you have created in your desktop.
- Turn off Moto G and enter into bootloader mode by pressing “Volume down and Power Button” simultaneously.
- Connect your device to PC using original USB Data cable and enter below mentioned commands in CMD:
- Once the process is completed you will be greeted with Root Access and Super SU is installed Successfully.
- You can check your device for successfully Rooted or not using an app called Root Checker from Play Store.
So now you have successfully rooted your Moto G using the above method. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any problems while rooting.