After the great success of Moto G (1st Gen) and Moto G (2nd Gen), Motorola launches Moto G (3rd Gen) with improvements in hardware and software. The smartphone is exclusively available on Flipkart.com starting from Rs. 11,999. The latest handset comes with IPX7 Water Resistance feature which helps to survive in water up to 30 minutes. Check here for detailed specifications of Motorola Moto G 2015 (3rd Generation).
Many users have been asking for a tutorial on How to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Moto G 2015, so here we shared simple guide to install the TWRP recovery on your Motorola handset. Custom recovery helps to root your handset which inturns unlock additional features like installation of custom roms, root only apps, etc.
- The following guide is meant only for Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen). Do not try this on other devices otherwise you may result in bricking it.
- Backup all your important data including contacts, messages, apps, etc and charge your device at least 70% or more to avoid any power issues during the recovery process.
- Enable USB debugging from settings > About device > tap build number for 7 times. Now again go to settings > developer options > USB debugging mode.
- Download and install Motorola USB drivers on your PC.
How to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Moto G (3rd Gen):
1. Follow the step-by-step procedure to unlock bootloader on your Moto G 2015.
2. Download ADB & Fastboot package with TWRP recovery.img file. Next extract the contents of ADB & Fastboot file on your PC.
3. Now take original USB cable and connect the smartphone with PC.
4. Go to the extracted contents of Minimal ADB and Fastboot file, and tap on py_cmd.exe file to open the command prompt.
5. Next enter the first command: adb devices
This will display all the connected devices with PC.
6. Enter another command: adb reboot-bootloader
This command will reboot your Moto G (3rd Gen) into bootloader mode.
7. Last command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This command will flash TWRP recovery on your Motorola handset.
8. Now select TWRP recovery from Fastboot mode on your device and tap on Reboot > System in order to reboot into normal mode.
That’s the simple tutorial to flash TWRP recovery on Moto G (3rd Gen). Any queries, drop a comment below.