Check the guide to update Xiaomi Mi3 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat via SlimKat Custom ROM- Download and Install
Xiaomi Mi3 Android Smartphone is one of the best launches of Xiaomi. The device is well known for high-end specs for reasonable pricing. After sharing Xiaomi MMi3 Android 5.0 Lollipop update via CM12, we are again back with SlimKat custom Rom to experience the Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS. SlimKat is one of the best and lighting fast custom ROMs developed by SlimRoms.
Check the below easy step-by-step procedure to install Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Xiaomi Mi3 Android device.
Disclaimer: We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your Xiaomi Mi3 Android device during or after the process. So understand the risk and continue the procedure.
- Make sure to take entire backup of personal data present on your Xiaomi Mi3 manually
- Ensure USB Debugging Mode is enabled on your device.
- Charge your device at least 80% to avoid power-off during the update process.
- Root and install CWM Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Mi3. To check whether your device has root access or not, just download the app called “Root Checker” from Google Play Store.
[box type=”download” ]
How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat Slimkat ROM on Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone
- Download Android 4.4.4 KitKat Slimkat ROM from the above link to your computer.
- Now copy the downloaded .zip file to the root folder of your device SD card with USB cable.
- Power off device and disconnect the Xiaomi Mi3 from computer.
- Boot the device into CWM recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
- Perform full data wipe by selecting the option Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Then Wipe Cache Partition and format system. Also select Wipe Dalvik Cache from the ‘Advanced’ menu
- Now head back to recovery main menu and select the option “Install zip from SD card” and select the .zip file you copied from the computer.
- Perform the same steps by selecting “Google Apps Package”to install Gapps on your Mi3 Smartphone.
- Once the Gapps is installed, go back to main menu and select “reboot system now” to reboot the device. First boot may take up to 5-6 minutes.
- Congratulations! Xiaomi Mi3 has been successfully updated to Android 4.4.4 KitKat via SlimKat ROM.
Any queries while updating your Xiaomi Mi3 Android device, do let us know in the below comment section as we are always there to help you out.