Xperia Z is recently updated to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and the update is rolled out with 10.5.1.A.0.283 as build number. If you are not interested in Stock ROM and looking for Custom ROM’s to update your device, then you can follow the below guide as we have brought Carbon ROM for Xperia Z C6602, C6603.
Carbon for Xperia Z C6602, C6603 is developed by Alx31TLse, senior member at XDA. This is the unofficial build of the Carbon ROM and is based on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware. So let’s proceed further and update Xperia Z C6602, C6603 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using Carbon ROM.
Before we proceed to update Xperia Z C6602, C6603 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat, we must follow some set of instructions to prepare Xperia Z C6602, C6603 for the update or installation process and also to avoid it from mishaps or bricking.
How to flash Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Xperia Z C6602, C6603:
1. Firstly download the ROM zip file and Gapps package to your computer.
2. Extract the ROM and obtain the boot.img file and copy the same to fastboot folder.
3. Now you need to copy the whole ROM package and Gapps to your phone SD card.
4. Power off your Xperia device and boot into fastboot mode.
5. Now launch command window from fastboot folder in your PC.
6. Connect your device with PC and give the first command: Fastboot flash boot boot.img and press enter.
7. Now give another command: fastboot reboot.
8. The device will boot now. Press the Volume Up button to enter into recovery mode.
9. From recovery main menu, choose “Install zip from SD card” and navigate the ROM file and confirm the flash. Repeat the same step for flashing Gapps package.
10. Once done, choose “reboot system now” and start enjoy the Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS.