Xperia V LT25i is the mid range Android device from Sony and it features a 4.3 inch TFT capacitive touch screen display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. It is powered by 1.5 GHz Dual-core processor coupled with 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage and runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. The device is left at Android 4.3 JB firmware and is not expected to receive Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware, so the user of Xperia V LT25i should depend on Custom ROM’s to update Xperia V LT25i to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware till the Sony rolls out Android 4.4 Kitkat update.
CyanogenMod is the best Android Custom ROM available out there and here in this guide we are going to install CM 11 Custom ROM on Xperia V LT25i. This ROM is developed by both CM 11 and Free Xperia Project team and is smooth and stable. So let’s proceed to update Xperia V LT25i to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware using CM 11 ROM.
Procedure to update Xperia V LT25i to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware using CM 11 ROM:
1. Download CM 11 ROM package and Google Apps Package from here to your PC. Copy it to Root of your device’s SD card.
2. Power off Xperia V LT25i.
3. Enter into Recovery Mode. To do so, power on Xperia V LT25i and as soon as you see the Sony Logo and green LED, press the Volume Up to enter into CWM Recovery Mode.
4. Once you are in Recovery Mode, perform operations to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the ROM package and install it.
5. Now again follow the above step, but this time choose the Google Apps Package and install the same. Again perform full data reset and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
6. Once the device boots up you are ready to experience Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware on Xperia V LT25i.